Why it is so easy to film in the beautiful nations capital.

We are very lucky to have the ACT Government so supportive of Commercial Filming in the region.

You will find information below on how to access the Canberra Region for your Filming Endeavours.

At Screen Canberra, we don’t handle permissions – but there is a fantastic support network out there for you with Access Canberra, National Capital Authority and those at Parliament House. We are all here to assist.

To get a permit you must hold Public Liability Insurance.  For those emerging creatives out there, Screen Canberra offer a low-cost PLI option for your low-cost and non-commercial productions. Find out more info HERE

Justene Taylor-Cannon

PH: 0401 910 788

Zhenshi van der Klooster

PH: 0409 251 319

For advice or to get in touch with the Screen Canberra Location managers contact

Access Canberra

Access Canberra is a one-stop shop for ACT Government customer and regulatory services. They provide an easy, streamlined method to access government information and undertake transactions with the ACT Government.

Please contact Access Canberra regarding Filming Permits outside of the Parliamentary Triangle.


P: +61 2 6205 8794


National Capital Authority (NCA)

The National Capital Authority (the NCA) welcomes commercial filming within Canberra’s Parliamentary Triangle. The open areas within the Triangle are referred to as Unleased National Land and are regulated by the NCA.

Authorisation to film on Unleased National Land and to erect production-related works must be approved by the NCA.

W: National Capital Authority

P: +61 (0)2 6271 2888

Parliament House

Parliament House and its immediate surrounds, the Parliamentary Precincts, are controlled by Parliament House.

Filming requests are to be directed to the House’s Facilities Manager on (02) 6277 5226.

City Rangers

City Rangers help to keep unleased Territory land safe and amenable by responding to applications and complaints regarding footpath signs, abandoned vehicles, sharps, illegal activities, line of sight problems and use of unleased Territory land.

City Rangers provide the following services on unleased land:

  • enforcement of the Code of Practice for Movable Signs;
  • sign placement advice;
  • provide access to power source in public areas and parks;
  • provide access to gates for events in public parks;
  • compliance checks for approved permits issued under the Public Unleased Land Act 2013.

ACT Community Councils

Belconnen Community Council (BCC)



Gungahlin Community Council (GCC)



Inner South Canberra Community Council (ISCCC)



North Canberra Community Council (NCC)



Tuggeranong Community Council (TCC)



Weston Creek Community Council (WCC)



Woden Valley Community Council (WVCC)



Roads and Paths in the ACT

Transport Canberra and City Services can assist you with your traffic management needs.

Please contact TCCS for support and guidance in the following;

  • Road Closures
  • Traffic Management