Screen POD is a format agnostic and market driven program delivered in three streams: Process, Development, and Pitching.
1. Process – Focusing on learning the discipline of writing for screen.
2. Development – Putting the theory-based learning into practical – with the assistance and guidance of a trained Developer.
3. Pitching – Pitching developed concepts to market.
It is advised that people who haven’t previously done POD or have little screen writing experience take part in all three streams.
Yes, however, you must qualify. You are either; mid-career and/or previously completed at least two Accelerator PODs.
These parameters are in place to maintain professionalism.
Screen POD has been redesigned to suit participants at different stages of their writing development. Having previously been format based (TV or film), Screen POD is now format agnostic.
Developer POD is an application-based program for evolving script developers. The ‘Developers’ are the team leaders who help assist and cultivate concept ideas with Screen POD participants.
Developer POD is open to nation-wide applicants.
Payment for Screen POD can either be made in a lump sum before the program begins, or via payment plan. Payment plans are a set amount on a regular payment schedule – all payment must be made before the final pitching session.
Previously taking place face-to-face, the program has been adapted to be COVID-safe and now takes place via an online classroom.
1. Process; 1 hour every fortnight
2. Development; 3-4 hours every fortnight – at the discretion of the Developer
3. Pitching; 3 two-day sessions.
Yes, templates will be submitted throughout the course – these are to be completed within your own time.
Roadshow Rough Diamond
Odins Eye Entertainment